Create a Lasting Beach Camping Souvenir!
Most beach campsites have plenty of driftwood and seashells. These fun and easy to make mobiles can decorate camp and then a bedroom or porch back home as a lasting memory of your beach camping trip.
What you need:
- Driftwood & seashells - this is a great excuse for taking a long beach walk - remember to bring along a bag to carry your seashell and driftwood treasures back to camp
- Other beach treasures - depending on where you are camping this could be tumbled seas glass, sand dollars, small interesting pieces of driftwood and bird feathers (check local ordinances some bird feather can not be removed - like bald eagle feather is Alaska)
- Craft wire - plain or sparkly or metallic
- Twine, string or ribbons
* Tie two pieces of drift wood together to form a X
* Secure the pieces together with twine or craft wire by wrapping the the X in an overlapping patten until secure
* Wrap seashells and beach treasures with craft wire - then attach to the ribbon or string
* Attach the ribbons with the seashells and beach treasures to the drift wood X at varying lengths and grouping
* You can either tie your ribbons to the hanger or wrap craft wire around the ribbon and attach with the wire
These make great gifts for friends back home!